And so it begins!

The Income Tax: Shattering The Myths blog is now open for business!  This is the place where we’ll kick around comments, thoughts, and observations about the income tax through the lens of the facts, law, history, and commentary within Income Tax: Shattering The Myths.

8 Responses to “And so it begins!”

1. cliff says:

Dave, I did find out years ago much of what you have presented within the book. One very important fact is the governments derive their powers from the people. I have read this many times but it must have went over my head.

For some reason, this time it stuck. Can I place an income tax on you? Can you place an income tax on me?

If not, then how can a fictitious entity claim that I and you gave them the authority to do what you and I do not because we do not have the right to do?

2. L. G. Engle says:

Dear Dave: I understand Great Falls Mfg Co v Attorney General, 124 U.S.581 which says:
    “The Court will not pass upon the constitutionality at the instance of one who has availed himself of its benefits.” AND Administrative Procedures Act 5 USC sec. 500-596 wherein it says: “The term ‘Federal personnel’ means officers and employees of the Government of the United States, members of the uniformed service (including members of the Reserve Componets), individualS entitled to receive immediate or deferral retirement benefits under any retirement program of the Government of the United States (including survivor benefits).”
    QUERY: All most all if not all people in the US have signed up for Social Security benefits and have become “Federal Personnel”, how can those people escape the Income Tax where it includes such persons in IRC sec. 6331(a) AUTHORITY OF SECRETARY?” Please advise. I cannot afford $100 for your book, but I will find it if your answer to the question supra is on target. Thank you. L. G. Engle

3. dave says:

Tate, this blog is for people who have read “Income Tax: Shattering The Myths”. People who haven’t read it have nothing to bring to the table. You’re welcome to submit concise cogent posts. If they are logical and show that you are commenting on the content of the book, I’ll post them. If you wish to take a position in opposition to the content of the book, include the page number and a description of the content you’re disputing so that I know you’ve actually read the book. Also, the comments should broad enough to merit meaningful discussion. Some folks have wanted to argue about a single phrase from a 400+ page book. That’s silly and unproductive. Now that you understand where we’re at, have at it!

4. Tate says:

Is this an open forum with no one blocked if they happen to be critical of your views?

5. dave says:

Tracy, you and I want the same thing. Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that it’ll never happen. The Tax Honesty Movement is filled with BIG egos. I’ve tried to collaborate with quite a number of Tax Honesty leaders over the years. It has been a fruitless effort. Furthermore, since the leaders in the Movement have such diverse views about the income tax, I see no way to bring all those huge egos into agreement. We can’t send readers in 30 different directions. Not only would that be unfair, but it would land many of them in legal trouble. I think you’ll find after reading the book that there really isn’t a need to explore other points of view. If what I’ve written is true (and I leave that determination to you) then other legal theories don’t hold much, if any, validity. Enjoy the book!

Dave

6. Tracy Scott says:

Ok Dave, I guess I will go ahead and drop a Benjamin on you book. Out of curiousity if nothing else. Expect a few questions and a few comments a bit later on this year.
    Part of the reason I ask is that I have thought for a very long time that all of the greatest minds in the Tax Reform movement should get together and collaborate on just ONE major effort. A book that flat out tells all of America the truth. A true MANIFESTO on the federal income tax put out by all the best minds we have on this subject.
    I truly beleive that it would be the best selling book of all time and would probably do the Federal income tax a final big blow. The fact that only about 5-10% of the the American public actually understand how criminal our Federal Government is has to end. We need 100% like yesterday.
    We all need to work together. Not just be a bunch LONE WOLVES out their. The people who REALLY want to correct this problem will be the ones who band togther and get it done.
    QUESTION IS DAVE! DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THAT GROUP? OR DO YOU JUST WANT TO BE A LONE WOLF?

7. dave says:

Tracy, I didn’t rely on anyone else. I relied on the law. That said, Tax Honesty researchers have been churning out information for decades. In that sense I relied on everyone. There is no shortage of information out there about income tax law. The issue is being able to take those gargantuan amount of information that is out there, separate the wheat from the chaff, and then connect the dots for people in a way that they can see and understand the limited nature and scope of the tax. Lastly, in a very real sense the party I’ve really relied upon is the U.S. government. It is their words I’ve used in the book. Why would I rely on the writings or theories of anyone in the Tax Honesty Movement? They haven’t written a single word of tax law – the govt has!

8. Tracy Scott says:

Dave, other than yourself who’s expertise did you use or seek for the information that is contained in your new book
    Income Tax: Shattering The Myths ? I am interested in your book but the price tag is on the higher end in my opinion.
    Before I put out that much money for your book I would like to verify the quality of it’s content. I am not a newby to the Tax Reform Movement so I suspect I possibly know everything contained in your book. To the extent that I may not I have interest.
    I have spoke to the two most knowledgeable people I know in our movement and they have not read your book.
    So if you would not mind, could you please provide me with a few names of your strongest contributors to your new book if any.
    They will remain as anonymous as you wish them to be I promise!